Click on the links below to read about my life as a stagiaire (kitchen slave) at CityZen, one of Washington DC’s most critically acclaimed restaurants. Find out what it’s like to make daily meals for a kitchen full of accomplished cooks; get the real definition of common kitchen terms; learn how to dodge hot skillets, knives and fellow cooks; and how not to maim your chef… and your career.
- I Love Food, Maybe I Should Become a Cook…
- Can You Stand for 12 Hours? Set Records in the 10-meter Dash? You’re Hired!
- Shall We Dance?
- The Fear, Anxiety, Pleasure and Pride of Making Staff Meal: Part I
- The Fear, Anxiety, Pleasure and Pride of Making Staff Meal: Part II
- The Fear, Anxiety, Pleasure and Pride of Making Staff Meal: Part III
- Kitchen Lingo 101
- The Culinary Stylings of Will, the Boy Wonder
- Why I Love to Cook